This episode starts when Greg got the call about the tragic crash of American Eagle Flight 4184. He walks through the first week of the accident scene as the NTSB Investigator in Charge.
- First crash site where NTSB biohazard protocols were applied
- How “why” questions lead to thorough on-scene information gathering
- Roles of the various teams and parties involved in the investigation process
- Importance of the field notes process
- The story told by debris patterns
John and Greg share their expertise on the workings of plane de-icing systems. Listeners get an inside look at how weather, aircraft operation and aircraft certification emerged as leading factors in the crash.
Flight Safety Detectives is sponsored by Avemco Insurance, an aviation insurance company that–like the detectives–values training and safety as means to ensure safe flying for all.